Are you a micro or small or medium business? If yes, then MSME registration is assuredly compulsory for you. Legally it is not mandatory, but it is always advised to obtain the MSME registration for availing the benefits offered under the MSMED Act.
In this blog, as the title suggests, we will see the MSME registration certificate sample. But before that, it’s necessary to have a quick through on MSME and MSME registration.
What is MSME?
MSME stands for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, and it plays a very significant role in the Indian economy or better says, it’s a backbone of the Indian economy. Therefore, the government of India has introduced various schemes, subsidies, and incentives to support and promote MSME/SSI (Small Scale Industries).
What is meant by MSME registration?
MSME registration is a process through which a company register itself under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act. An enterprise registered as MSME is allowed to avail various benefits offered by the Central and State Government.
MSME registration eligibility criteria
You are eligible for MSME registration under the following conditions:
- If you’re a Sole Proprietorship
- When you have a private limited company or limited liability partnership or one person company
- If you have a production company that produces materials
- In case, you belong to or are part of Hindu Undivided Family
- If you work in association with another person
- If you have a cooperative society
- Or any other undertaking
Documents required for MSME registration certificate
For SSI registration online or to obtain an MSME registration certificate, you first need to prepare the following papers:
- PAN card of all the directors and partners
- Aadhaar card of all the directors and partners
- Ownership proof of premises such as allotment letter or possession letter or lease agreement or property tax receipt.
- In case of a rented premise, rent agreement and NOC from the landlord along with the utility bill
- A scanned copy of sale bill for each end product and purchase bill of each raw material purchased
- In case of partnership firm, a copy of Partnership Deed
- A scanned copy of Memorandum of Association (MoA), Articles of Association (AoA) and Certificate of Incorporation (COI) in case of Private Limited Company Registration along with the Board’s Resolution authorizing the director to sign the application
- A scanned copy of Industrial License obtained under the Industrial Development and Regulation Act,1951
- A copy of a purchase bill of machinery installed
- Bills pertaining to purchasing and installation of plant and machinery
- An affidavit made on Rs. 10/- non-judicial stamp paper duly attested by Notary Public affixed providing the status of machinery installed, power requirement, etc.
- Current Bank account statement
Procedures of MSME/SSI registration
The method for MSME registration is quite simple and can be canceled at any time if the annual turnover exceeds more than a threshold limit. MSME registration process is as follows:
- As per the rules & regulations, you need to file an application with the respective government department or file an online application directly on the official website of Udyog Aadhaar Registration.
- A person willing to register for more than one industry can do individual registration.
- In the application, the applicant needs to provide the details of the industry they want to run along with the necessary details and documents.
- The document required are Aadhaar card, Industry name, Address, PAN details, email address, contact number, and some other common information.
- The individual can provide self-certified certificates.
- Bank account number along with IFSC code.
- The primary business activity of the company.
- NIC 2-digit code.
- Investment made in Plant & Machinery / Equipment
- There’s no registration fee for this process.
- Once the details are filled and uploaded, you will get the registration number.
- The documentation process will take around 2-3 working days to complete.
Note: To complete the process in a hassle-free manner and to avoid any future difficulty, all the necessary formalities must be completed.
Know about reliefs provided to MSME borrowers.
For more details on MSME registration process or SSI registration online, contact Enterslice.